11.25.2009

Let's Induce A Coma...

... with L-tryptophan.

[[but really everyone happy turkey day]]

... A few weeks ago, I was spending a much needed weekend away with my full on compadre.We dominated a few rounds of pong, and in need of adventure, decided to head uptown. We were stuck outside of a bar that we frequented, patiently waiting to get inside, so we could get our dance on.
While waiting in line, a wannabe debutante comes storming out the door, with her obviously irritated boyfriend in tow. She looks a hot mess, and as she is sulking down the street, she just starts screaming. "Who do they think they are?, I mean really, who do they think they are? Don't they know this dress is from Saks, a $500 dollar dress, and they spill their drink on me?"
Her rant continues on down the block with her, until it is at an inaudible distance from me. As she disappears, I just smile. You see, she was wearing these atrocious brown boots, that did not even match, and looked terrible with her $500 dollar dress. ...

Thinking back on this night, really makes me thankful that I have style. More importantly the class to know that the most important things in my life are worth so much more than a designer dress. I'm a lucky girl, whose life happens to suck at times, but lucky none the less. I have the most amazing friends, and I get to be a part of so many crazy adventures with them.

...P to the S...
I am also thankful for Xanex, with Turkey Day and extended family approaching in T-Minus 16 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment